Sunday, July 18, 2004

So living in Thailand is pretty inexpensive.  I was working on money stuff today to see how our spending was going and I thought I would share how the costs of some things work out here.  I can get 10 eggs (they are sold in 10s not 12s) for 23 Bhat which is a little more than 50 cents.  The girls picked up 2 bunches of bananas yesterday for less than75 cents.  Josh and Ryan get Oreos here for about 1/2 the price in the States.  (Although they do say there is a little less filling they were really excited about the Oreos.)  I came here with little clothing because I didn't have any summer clothing from my stay in Canada.  The plan was to buy clothes when I got here and I havn't been dissappointed.  I can get a nice skirt and a matching shirt for under $10.  I bought some "around the compound" shirts for about $1 each.  Josh and I are planning a get-away for our anniversary and the biggest room at the resort is $25/night.  So, as you can imagine, it hasn't been too hard to save our pennies.  There have been costs still; about $1,300 for my plane flight, $700 for living costs, laundry (diapers!), and Thai lessons.  There have been a few people who have been generous in supporting us financially and I wanted to take this space and this time to say that we are very grateful for your help.  :)
Bye for now!