Saturday, April 17, 2004

I'm thinking alot about how to incorporate arts in my worship and church community. I love drama... I wonder if anyone else at LGBC would be interested in doing little skits?

What about visual art? That's not really my forte, but if I were to express my worship with paint then what would it look like?

What about dancing as worship during church? Well... I'm still a little *achem* inhibited for that. I'm not closed to it though.

I was looking at Hope Chapel in Austin. It seems like a "normal church" that is very vibrant and alive. Want to know what makes them a bit unique? They have an arts ministry team. Imagine your church having an arts minister. (I am trying to imagine what that would have looked like in the large church I grew up in) The church itself has an arts gallery, Supports a Christian Artist for a year so they can develop their art, and the church really explores how to tie links between artists and the greater Christian community. Cool stuff.