Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Some may say that it is too early to begin to think about how we would like to educate our child(ren). I could excuse myself by saying that it is because we are so involved in the education that we are receiving right now that we can't help but think of ways we would like to pass it on to Aiden and the others. I think many parts of Augustine College have woken us up to a mental ideal of what we would like to provide for our children, but I also feel like God himself is urging us on to uncover how we will do this. Anyway, all thinking about thoughts aside, Josh and I have been looking more and more at classical homeschooling stuff. All of a sudden I am looking at Aiden wondering when he will be able to learn to read, count, and speak Hebrew. *laugh* Then I stop and have a reality check. As exciting as it seems at this point to teach our little man "important stuff" like how to read sometime in the future, it could be that he is learning some of the most important stuff right now. For example, he is learning about relationships between other people, relationships between a husband and a wife, relationships between someone and God. He is mostly learning all of this by watching his parents (Josh and I). Then I realize how important it is that I behave rightly so my little boy will learn rightly. Then I am convicted and pray for regeneration.