Saturday, October 04, 2003

Our birth supplies came in the mail yesterday! The things that we will need to have this baby at home are here and so now all we need is a baby! We still have some time though since the baby is not due until Oct 27. Please don't bother me on that date if the baby is not yet here... It is perfectly normal for women to go over their dates and there is a fair chance that I will myself. We have been doing prenatals just like a health care provider would do if we were still in the US and the baby has been doing great! Heart rate is good and strong, growth is right on target, my blood pressure is where it is supposed to be, and we even ordered urine strips so we know that is doing well too! :) The baby has been very active and I think it is starting to realize that it will one day run out of room. Every so often I have to massage a little part (foot? knee?) back down since it is sticking straight up. Even though I am constantly amazed at how much my belly has stretched, it is not made of elastic and so sometimes this little baby's stretches hurt! :) Anyway, with the birth supplies came an unexpected customs/duty fee! No more ordering new stuff for Janiece! If anyone can clarify exactly how duties work I would appreciate it. I think it is just on things that are brand new... anyway, some help in that would be nice so we don't have to pay any more large fees.

Tomorrow Ryan, Joshua, and I get to speak for a little bit on missions to the church we have been attending. One of the many things that Joshua really wanted to learn while he was here was how to speak. God is already giving him opportunities for that!

For everyone who is curious about the weather, it has gotten cold here! We now wear our coats outside and yesterday evening I wore gloves to walk to the post office! The leaves on the trees are changing to beautiful colors. They say it usually doesn't snow until sometime in November so we still have some time for our blood to thicken up.

We miss you all and send our love.