Saturday, June 05, 2004

We went to the little local church today and worshiped with the Christians there. We did not understand anything being said, but it was nice to be there with them and take Communion with them. It was sweltering hot when we started (no AC at the church either) but a storm came in as we were eating the pot-luck lunch and this wonderful breeze blew through. I think that is what I need in my life right now, a nice cool breeze that refreshes my spirit. Moving, comming to Thailand, taking care of a teething Aiden, and adjusting to a new culture have all begun to wear on me. I am tired. Understand though, I am not discouraged, just tired, and I can tell that I need some refreshment. I am glad that we will be here about 2 and 1/2 more months. It is nice to have a little bit of stability. When we get back to Dallas, that will be another adjustment but I won't try to tackle things before they take place. I am here, in Thailand and I look forward to what God is going to do.

I am going to be teaching the nurses here some English. They are able to communicate in broken English, but they want to improve. Does anyone know good English-teaching games?