Thursday, August 04, 2005

I'm exhausted today... that deep-down exhaustion that I associate with all-night cramming for an exam or having a newborn. We have been having breakfast at 6 so we can eat as a family and then Josh doesn't get home until 7 or a little after. Time as a family and time as a couple is so precious right now.

So I'm tired, and my defenses are down. I feel aggrivation, anger, and irritation standing right next to me, ready to step forward with every situation that goes just a little wrong. Josh and I were both fighting sour moods this morning at breakfast.

Today is the day I read my post from 3 days ago and remember that I need to pray for wisdom from God, realize what I am thankful for, and draw joy from that. It would be so easy to sit on the couch and glower right now but that is not the kind of day I want for me, my kids, or my husband when he comes home. So here goes....

Maybe Pollyanna had a lot of things right after all.